Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Two Stepping Through the Day

Album: Crash


Artist: Dave Matthews Band


Year Released: 1996




To start the project I decided to begin with an album that you can't go wrong with. Crash is one of my personal favorites, a nostalgic flashback with every song. I am pretty sure any guy in the late 90's used "Crash into Me" in a mix tape for a certain girl, but my personal fave is "Two Step". I am pretty sure I am going to play it between periods all day today, and try not to let any part of my body move to the beat of the song. The ebb and flow of the album is awesome. One minute I am hearing a song from a lame dance 13 years ago, the next I am bouncing to "Too Much", than collecting my composure with "#41". I am so glad I bought this album again after my cd’s got stolen. It reminds me why I took the long way home and sat in my suburban for a few minutes in the high school parking lot. Sometimes you need to finish a song, hear in order what the artist wanted you experience. (Hence the project.) You don’t have to be a DMB fan to enjoy this album. All you need is 69 minutes and enough comfort to let the hippie inside come out and groove.





Drive in ,drive out I'm leaving.


1 comment:

  1. Now I want to listen. I don't think I have ever listened to the whole album before.
    FYI-your blog looks AWE-some! (Hear the voice inflection?) :)

    ReplyDelete